Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dear Bobby

Yesterday while talking to a group of domestic violence survivors, I mentioned how you inspired me to live life in the reality that each moment is precious; that I'm not guaranteed tomorrow. I told these ladies that I was sure you'd give anything for the chance to return ONE more day to do some of the things you hadn't done. Looking into their faces I could see hope and that spark that happens when people actually recognize how fleeting life really is.

We're almost a month away from celebrating the one year anniversary of your death. I think I'm going to invite the "guys" to join me in a yearly ritual of celebrating your life. I think it would honor your memory and help comfort us.

We'll always miss you, but I wanted you to know that even in your absence, you're impacting lives.

Keep passin' the open windows...

- Mobile post from my iPhone

No comments: