Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just a Few Moments

In those few quiet moments as I hustled to get out the door, I paused and thought to myself how I should take in these precious minutes and thank God for many blessings and how fragile our lives really are. An earthquake, a tsunami, a terrorist attack or something as simple as an artery or vein faltering under pressure, can be our end. Have we looked around? Do we see our blessings or are they lost on eyes looking for the next great thing? Does making the next dollar prevent us from seeing what we bought with the last dollar? After getting dressed I walked back to the bed and pulled the covers back to kiss my baby goodbye. I fed the dog and glanced at a picture of BD, the Minnie and I on a visit to Disney. We had such a great time. In those few moments I embraced my life; for all it is; for all its blessings. In those few moments I understood that all of it is not guaranteed, just a few moments.

Keep passin' the open windows...

- Mobile post from my iPhone

No comments: