Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I’m Due Early

Today is the BIG day. My contractions started early this morning and once I had my break-of-dawn cup of coffee, the animated call from the courier announced the arrival of our 3rd baby boy, Bruce. After my routine pre-work sit-down (which took care of the contractions) I was soothed by a relaxing hot bath before dashing-out to tackle the final hours before our infant arrives. At 12 weeks old Bruce is bound to be a handful. I vaguely recollect the days of Busta’s puppy hood; the frequent bathroom trips, chewing of furniture and whiny sleepless nights – and that was just MY adjustment to my Bus-Bus. Last night BD and I made an hour-or-so of uninterrupted butt-naked-sweaty-monkey-love when we got in from the office; taking advantage of our final uninterrupted heat before Bruce’s arrival. Afterward, we perused through the aisles of Petco for last-minute toys, puppy food and a crate that can hold a small Clydesdale, in prep for the big day. Although he was scheduled to arrive on Wednesday night, I’m happy to say that I’m prepared for his arrival this evening. BD has been so supportive and I look forward to watching the interaction between Bruce and his dad and siblings. I’ll update everyone with pics following the momentous introduction. Welcome baby boy!

On Blast
Keeping the flame alive in long term relationships can be challenging when you’re battling a busy schedule and competing priorities. BD consistently keeps me feeling physically attracted AND attractive. I’m both turned-on by his physicality and his spirituality. What is your recipe for keeping the embers ablaze in your relationship? (If single, speak hypothetically)

Keep passin’ the open windows…

7 comments:

Achilles said...

First and foremost, no matter what's going on in your life, always leave a little time for your
family and partner/spouse, etc.

Life can easily overwhelm and its too be expected, just remember like you have a "To Do" list at work, schedule in some personal time to even things out.

Like that old commercial, "I can bring home the bacon. Fry it up in a pan. And never never never never never forget I've a man".

P.S. You almost made me sweat out my perm yesterday! LOL

One Man’s Opinion said...

You so funny and I'm so far behind on my reading of blogs. I can't wait for the pictures.....love you, man. Peace

Darius T. Williams said...

Um, I don't even wanna speak hypothetically. My love life is pathetic...well, until recently. There's a very interesting suitor in the picture these days...a man by all standards and definitions. So, we'll see.

You and your love with BD is just awesome!

Can't wait to see the pics of the new addition. Ha - You're due early - that's HILARIOUS.

Anonymous said...

Awww, the new baby is going to fit in just fine!!! I remember those whiny nights... good luck with that part!

Keeping it spicy is a MUST! My last boyfriend and I unfortunately lost each other because we were so caught up in our everyday lives. It really is a shame, because it just sort of creeped up on us.

With my current boyfriend, we make time to talk and really listen to what the other is thinking or going through. Our schedules are kind of different right now, so we make the most of the time we spend together. Luckily we like to do a lot of the same things. Also, we keep it poppin' in the bedroom (or wherever we decide its to GO DOWN!)so it makes it easier to communicate over all and keeps stress levels down.

For me, making a relationship WORK is much more fulfilling than HAVING one. Hopefully that makes sense.

ShawnQt said...

Hmm, interesting question, so much experience and so many contradicting ideas of what works or not. Well let me think.

I enjoy the everday, spending time with someone, domestic lifestyle. It is rewarding to feel like you have a family.

But it is very very important to feel like there is a sense of magic in it all. In the beginning u feel like u just been blessed by GOD just by being in the presense of that person. Always create that. Either in kissing, sex, a romantic gesture, or a slow dance. Keep it magical.

That Dude Right There said...

Seeing that I haven't been in a relationship in 7 years, I just won't speak on this one.

Sammygirl said...

we hold hands a lot....with both of us working full time and two kids, 2 & 10 there's little time for the rest of it. we talk every Sunday morning, before the kids wake up....we know right now the focus is on them, and the house and work...it's hard. but we took our vows with commitment and we are lucky we have each other. we hold hands a lot, steal a kiss....it's not as rockin as it was at first, but the love is stronger, and we're looking forward to the kiddo's being grown and gone one day.