Monday, March 09, 2009

Benjamin Button and the Lesson Of Time

Yesterday BD and I laid-up and watched the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I had no real expectations for the movie – except for hearing that it is a good flick; I didn’t do much research on the film. The acting, make-up and camera-magic are amazing, but it’s the storyline that will mesmerize you. I found myself forced in-and-out of my own life’s reflections – this movie forces you to think of your own reality – even while the movie is still plowing forward. The core-lesson in Benjamin Button is time and the effect of it on your life. A fraction of a second and what happens in that fraction of a second can alter the entire course of your life. There’s also a recurring theme of appreciating every moment in your life because it’s all a gift – the trials, the good, the bad…yeah, even the ugly. Two hours and forty-six minutes after it started, Benjamin Button comes to a predictable, yet nostalgic end. You’ll feel choked up by the inevitable neatly knitted story and how it forces you to face your own timeline with a new-found respect. “For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same; there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again,” Benjamin says. The words echo off the walls of my soul.

On Blast
Have you ever felt it was somehow too late for something in your life?

Keep passin’ the open windows…

2 comments:

jerzey_reality said...

The things we experience def have an impact on how u react to situations and handle things in the future.

I know that I am def not the same person today that I was 1,2, or even 3 years ago. And I'm greatful for being able to recognize that and further develop as a person....good post

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wasn't it an amazing movie?!

I once thought it was too late for me to go back to college in the latter part of my 20s. I am glad that I faced my fears and received my degree before turning 30.

I am learning that we all have the power inside of us to make this life whatever we want to.