Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Already Done


As I look around I realize it’s already done. All of my needs God has fulfilled. It has less to do with my material needs and more about all the needs of my soul. See, the odd thing is that throughout my life while others prayed for a new house, a new car, a new man or a new job, I’ve prayed, “Lord, please help me feel completely happy.” Oddly, I’ve had the new house, the new car, the great job and now the dream man and all I ever prayed for was happiness. What that says to me is that our happiness has less to do with anything we can buy or acquire and more about honest fulfillment. I don’t presently have that house, my car is no longer brand new and I work in an industry plagued by layoffs – but I’m happy because my happiness isn’t anchored in any of these things. So, keepin’ it real and simple tonight I wanted to share something from the old PK (preacher’s kid) treasure chest…know that it’s already done. Believe it…and stop asking for stuff that has such finite value. Know what to ask for…ask for real spiritual fulfillment…honest happiness...and believe that it’s ALREADY DONE.

On Blast
When things are not as they should be it’s harder to have faith in the God of my childhood, but repeatedly he’s proven that he’s there…and it’s already done.
Do you accept that the only thing standing between nothing and everything is you?

Keep passin’ the open windows…

2 comments:

Ty said...

That was alright. I love me some Vanessa Bell Armstrong.

This post is so true. There is a scripture that says "Godliness with contentment is great gain" and that is what I try to live my life by. Even though you may desire and be working your way towards something better, if you learn to be content where you are in life while carrying yourself as God wants, you have so much to gain out of life. You'll even learn to appreciate better the other things to come to you in life. And they will come as another scripture says "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness and ALL other things WILL be added to you". I feel like running around my office right now.

Unknown said...

I GOT OUT MY WAY A LONG TIME AGO...GREAT POST!