Monday, December 07, 2009

Chain E-Mail; The Hemorrhoid On the Ass of Communication

Is there really a polite way of saying, “Don’t text or e-mail me with junk text or junk e-mail messages?” I mean, keeping in contact with friends and family is tough enough, but when I’m excited to see a text or e-mail from you, only to be disappointed to open it and realize it’s a chain e-mail warning me of impending doom if I don’t forward it on to ten more unsuspecting fools, I get really pissed off. I’m really happy to hear from you – via e-mail, text or phone - but if you don’t have a personal message (you know, a message that comes directly from you to me) don’t send it to me. Jesus, Allah and other religious entities don’t operate via these chain communication techniques, so stop using the Lord’s name in vain and moving this sacrilege along. With the enormous amount of spam out there don’t forward that crap, but if you MUST, please remove me from your list of folks you think will benefit from the seven people, in seven days, for seven blessings plan. Ummm….and happy holidays.

Keep passin’ the open windows…

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would block anyone who sends me those ridiculous chain letters/texts/messages.

The God I believe in doesnt send e-mails.

Duh.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qaJmu8mdOY&feature=player_embedded

Shannon Lee said...

Cocoa...would you have a problem with me pasting this post into my Facebook? I SO need to get this point across to SO many people who don't have a clue...yet I have found myself unable to express my feelings with any measure of tact or politeness and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. YOU, my friend have hit the nail RIGHT on the head with this one!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Post away! I should've as well!

yet another black guy said...

I'm going to copy/paste and send this to my sister. One more of those damn things...

And damn if that title isn't HILARIOUS!!!

Unknown said...

I just ignore and delete them...