Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Morning Edition - 5/3/06

Stuck In A Crappy Scene
An unidentified 20-year old man was found by an employee of Wal-Mart in Salisbury, Maryland, stuck to the toilet. Lt. Cheryl Rantz of the Salisbury Police Department says the man was taken to an area hospital. The man was found by the retail giant employee after he banged on the wall for several minutes. He is said to have become stuck after sitting on a toilet seat that was covered with glue.

Game Over
James Edwards Jr., 24 died after his friend Arthur Priestly, 29, argued with him about how to properly use his Playstation at a barbecue in Columbus, Georgia. Priestly pulled his shotgun and shot Edwards once in the chest. Priestly pleaded guilty to murder on Monday.

Church Seeks to Protect the Straight
Pope Benedict XVI asked for clarification on whether the church should allow condom use by married heterosexual individuals who have an HIV positive partner. Apparently if your partner followed current Catholic rules and became infected, either of you would be granted permission to now use condoms to protect the negative partner. Yo Benedict?! Brilliant idea. Here’s another idea: Everyone should be encouraged to use condoms and protect themselves and their partners from HIV infection – PERIOD.

On Blast
You had really incredible dreams for how your life would turn out and the amazing career and relationship choices that were in your future. Today, you realize your life has taken some odd and sometimes necessary turns. How is your reality different from your dream of how your life would turn out? Do you accept that maybe your present-day life serves a purpose or do you still seek to attain your dream of where your life should be? How different is your dream-life from your real-life?

Keep passin’ the open windows…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don’t think I actually had enormous dreams, visions or thoughts of how my life would turn out. Strangely, I thought I’d be dead before I was 30. Since I’m working on borrowed time, I’m content with the blessings I’ve been given. A super family, amazing friends, a pretty fair shake in the brains and looks department and the ability to adapt quickly to different situations. Although I would love to someday publish a novel, write for a trendy magazine and live in Puerto Rico, I realize some (if not all) of these dreams may never come to pass. So, in the meantime, I’m going to live life to the fullest and enjoy the years of my life I thought I never would experience.

Now, on the next go-round I want to come back a hot, smart , Rican boy who goes off to Morehouse College – gets his education and more black men than the law allows, graduates, writes for Time, Newsweek and People, while being a successful writer who gets two or three books published that end up on the NY Times bestsellers list. Of course, I’ll be “wintering” in PR….