Monday, October 31, 2005

Morning Editon - 10/31/05

Happy Halloween!

Carlos C.; Drained – Literally
After a scary touch-and-go on Thursday night, Carlos had his chest cavity lanced and drained Friday. He remained hospitalized until last night, when he was sent home with a nurse that will change his dressing for the next week-or-so. Carlos has already been advised to see another hospital and another physician.

50 Cents For Your Thoughts?
Paramount Pictures agreed to take down billboards for the new 50 Cent flick, Get Rich or Die Tryin’, after activists and community groups expressed outrage at the poster depicting Fiddy with a microphone in one hand and a gun in the other. Placed strategically in underprivileged areas, most activists’ believed the billboards were sending the wrong message. Get Rich or Die Tryin’ will be in theaters on Wednesday, November 9.

Okay, I’m in Love; Call me a fan
Noah’s Arc has stirred the same undying devotion in me that Queer as Folk did five years ago. The show, which premiered on the Logo Channel two weeks ago, will be airing a new episode this Wednesday at 10 p.m. In this week’s episode Wade wants Noah to butch-it-up a bit for his straight friends, who coincidentally, don’t know Wade is exploring other sexual avenues. Noah struggles to maintain his identity and stand his ground. This weekend, my close circle of friends and I watched the first three episodes repeatedly and picked them apart with the precision exercised by anal men across the globe – Siskel and Ebert beware! By the way Bobby – Wade is my man and you and the crew will need to find another favorite character to lust after. For a look at the dreamy Wade check out…
http://www.logoonline.com/shows/dyn/noahs_arc/personality.jhtml?personalityId=4928

On Blast
How important are public displays of affection (PDA) to maintaining a healthy relationship and what purpose – outside of warding-off onlookers – do PDAs serve?

Keep passin’ the open windows…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

PDAs are fine so long as they don't degrade or demean me - ie. grabbing my privates in public; blocking my trachea with your tongue or even speaking to me in a way that gives others the impression that I'm an easy lay... light kissing, hand holding, hugging and even warm strolls are fine, so long as they are appropriate or make me look good. :)

Anonymous said...

Krissy said....

I love the hand holding & kissing but not in the form of entertaining and display. Just enough that you both are into each other and show affection but not put on a show.

I love holding hands and I love holding each other side by side as well.