Monday, December 19, 2005

Morning Edition - 12/19/05

Know When To Fold Them
Last Monday’s announcement that the romance between T and I had fizzled into oblivion left many bewildered – admittedly, even me. It seems that after an explosive and passionate two months, T and I have retreated to our corners and let bygones be bygones. The odd thing about this whole fiasco is that so many of you have contacted me personally to express your sheer disappointment in how abruptly, what seemed like a love made in heaven, had been sent straight into the depths of hell. Thank you all for your words of support. I know they are heartfelt. I sincerely hope I haven’t come across as uncaring, cold or distant, but here are the facts that helped me put this situation into perspective and make an intelligent decision for investing more time and effort into T:

1. The first six months of any relationship is the honeymoon period. Any/all minor issues should be resolved with little-to-no effort. Major fall-outs during this period should serve as a red flag of future drama and heartache.
2. True love never dies. I’ve proven this little fact, time and again. I may hate the behavior in some of my previous partners, but I sincerely love them – even today. It takes a lot to wear love down and even more to destroy it. If someone is able to drop a relationship without a second thought, it probably wasn’t that important – yes, that even goes for me.
3. Square peg in a circle hole theory. Sometimes we try to force things to work and prevent the normal progression of what is in your life plan. The Lord, Karma, common sense – you name it! – will sometimes help you avert a potentially bad situation. By forcing a relationship that is meeting its natural end, you may very well be setting yourself up for disaster. Understand that everyone is placed in your path for a reason, a season or a lifetime and stop forcing your “reason” players to be “lifetime” headaches.

So this weekend I hung-out with friends and realized that T’s “reason” was simple – to remind me that it’s important for me to love life and be open to all it has to offer. Sunday morning, as I glanced across the table at the beautiful almond eyes of the half-Asian, half African-American guest who joined me for breakfast, I smiled and thought to myself, that every end has a new beginning.

Six Days and Counting

In just six short days Santa will squeeze his way through my radiator and attempt to deposit gifts under my tree. Luckily for him, my slumlord sister doesn’t provide much in terms of heat, so his passage is completely clear. Ever the procrastinator, I have again waited until hours before the actual day hits before making my gift purchases – J’Moo, want to try power-shopping with me this Christmas? I promise I won’t have another anxiety attack.

Clear the Area! They’re coming! Hold on to something!
Mom and Dad Cruz are coming! That’s right, #1 and #2 will be landing in NYC on the afternoon of Christmas Day and will stay clear through to the second of January. I’m, uh… excited? No, no… wait… ELATED, that they will be again staying with me for the holiday. Dr. Feelgood has agreed to see me on the 22nd of the month to upgrade and increase my prescriptions. Please stand by.

On Blast
What gift would you give the first love of your life that would instantly let them know the gift was from you?

Keep passin’ the open windows…

9 comments:

~Ms.Kahlua~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Well I don't know about the on Blast question but I would like to say to all that if you ever get the chance (or if you already have)you have to go to Delaware for the big shopping (i.e. christmas, school, summer). It was so exhilarating. I have never experienced a shopping high until Saturday.

Anonymous said...

You can send me towels, nice thick towels; to hold me and keep me warm since that’s not an option for us anymore, Praise the LORD!!!

J'Moo

PS call the boy, I am so glad I'm not a queen, call him already...
(A modified line from Flash Dance)

Anonymous said...

Where is that Chocolate Delight from D.C. with those 31/2 ft. of Black therapy she call legs that could heal any man, those big bright eyes and little smile that says “yeah, I can be bad”, where is she? I haven't seen any entries from her recently, why?

Unknown said...

I'd give my first love a subscription to Car and Driver. He and I were real car enthusiasts... well, until he had my face centimeters from the pavement while traveling 75 mph. Whew.... how life changes.
Hey J'Moo... get a clue.

Anonymous said...

I am going to give him a green leather wallet because that's the only thing I have ever heard him say he wanted, besides me...


J'Moo
Got It!
Your turn...

Unknown said...

J'Moo... I don't remember ever saying I wanted a gosh darn green wallet! I want cha-cha pumps - black ones!

OB Ans.: I'd send him a picture of his sainted grandmother, with a note attached that read, "Get it together or I'll gut the broad."

~Ms.Kahlua~ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Ms.Kahlua~ said...

I already gave my first real love the gift of a lifetime...she was born December 10, 1996...and she was the only gift under our tree that year and looks exactly like ME!!! Speaking of which...my ex-husband and daughter and I spent this evening having dinner and reminiscing (sp?) about that very event in our very special history...

...hugs and kisses Hector!