Thursday, July 21, 2005

Morning Edition - 7/21/05

Houston, We Have A Problem
Rene Armando Nunez, 34, remembers waking up to a burning sensation in his crotch. It was then he realized that his long-time, live-in girlfriend, Delmy Margoth Ruiz, 49, cut-off 80% of his penis. After waking in the hospital Nunez was told his penis was severed. Ruiz is now on trial for the mutilation and says Nunez abused her for years – perfect reason to chop his member, huh? She faces 20 years in jail. Nunez has undergone two skin grafts and will face more reconstructive surgery to attempt to replace his penis. The severed piece of penis was never found.

Mizrahi Designing Talk Show
Isaac Mizrahi, famous 80s designer turned Target fashion-plate, has been tapped to host his own show on the Style network. The show titled, “Isaac” will cover beauty, style, fashion, diet and a slew of other topics and will feature a studio audience.

Straight? Then Make Sure You’re Cut
Bertran Auvert, a French researcher has discovered that circumcision may help cut the risk of HIV infection in heterosexual intercourse by over 70%. It is not yet known why the same benefits don’t translate into gay sex, but the findings of Auvert’s research will be presented at an International AIDS Society meeting in Brazil later this month.

On Blast
Love, love, love… Today’s topic was brought about by a discussion with resident blogger J’Moo… Is there such a thing as love at first sight? Is it possible to meet someone and know immediately that this is the person you are destined to be with? Is love something that grows or can it be experienced through a spontaneous meeting? Please be sure to post your opinion in this Morning Edition’s Comments.

Keep passin’ the open windows…

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free.
His eyes are on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

Anonymous said...

My good days out weigh my bad days...I won't complain! Thank you Jesus for new grace and new mercy.

Unknown said...

Uh.... o>>>>>>>kay...
Focus and walk back toward the light. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes I do believe in love at first sight. For me it's a chemistry I really can't explain it but think about it for a moment why is it that we are not attracted to everyone we see or talk to.

It's like a man walking around with a 24 hr hard on, and maybe some do, because everyone they see turns them on (all in my opinion of course). So I say this to say we are all made up of fluids and chemistry so when I've fallen in love at first site there was something going on in me and him that just clicked. Oh God what a great feeling.

As time goes on, however, you get to know each other and learn the likes and dislikes and then you make conscious choices to work with the relationship is this still love or comprimises. I don't know does anyone know.

But nevertheless, yes I do beleive in love at first site.

Krissy

Unknown said...

I agree with Freaking Rican...
You may find someone INITIALLY attractive, interesting, sexy, etc., but love takes time to build, nurture and grow. There is initial lust, infatuation and bliss, but ultimately if you don't know them... you DON'T love them. Stop being pressed.... :)

Unknown said...

GE it brings good things to life. That said, G (from my G in E Flat short story) and E (from my recent NYC rondevous) were both folks you'd think you could instantly fall in love with - especially at first sight. On closer inspection I agree with Tam...the morning sun shines across their beautiful faces and you realize the filling is not as tasty as the shell...
:)

Anonymous said...

I BELIEVE THAT A PERSON COULD INSTINCTIVELY DETERMINE(AFTER MEETING THAT SOMEONE SPECIAL) AT FIRST SIGHT IF THAT SOMEONE COULD "HAVE THE RIGHT STUFF" TO MAKE YOU WANT TO INVEST IN THEM. BUT LOVE IS 'KNOWING...TRUSTING...CARING....GROWING...UNDERSTANDING....COMPROMISING...COMPLETING...ITS UNREASONABLE.....ILOGICAL...ORGASMIC AND WONDERFUL.....BUT TAKES A LITTLE MORE THAN A NEW YORK MINUTE. FIRST SIGHT?....NAW!!! FIRST YEAR ? MAYBE...LOL.
THE LATE GREAT LUTHER VANDROSS SANG "SOMETIMES LOVE IS WONDERFUL..BUT SOME TIMES LOVE IS ONLY love". I'M WITH FREAKIN RICAN

Unknown said...

Most importantly... as we sang in the car on our way home from DC... and remember, I'll take lead..."IF YOU CAN'T BE WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE, LOVE THE ONE YOU'RE WITH." Guess Luther knew what he was talkin' about.
Seriously though, my long term commitments where with folks I knew intrigued me off-the-bat, but I wasn't head-over-heels in love at first sight.

Unknown said...

Kris... KRISALMIGHTY?!?!?!? Where have you been? I was worried sick... I thought you had been kidnapped and raped! Well, it's good to see your input again. :)
You know I count on your wisdom.
I wanna come down to the ATL in late Aug. or Sept.... can a Cocoa Rican crash with you? I'll understand if I can't sleep between you and your hubby. :)

Anonymous said...

WASSUP COCOA?...I WAS TRYING TO ARRANGE MY OWN KIDNAP AND RAPE BUT NO TAKERS....LOL. I WAS TRYING TO COME UP AND SURPRISE YOU IN DC BUT MY OLD "HOOPTY" OF A CAR WASN'T UP TO IT. YOU CAN COME CRASH WITH ME ME ANYTIME. MY HUBBY FILED FOR DIVORCE AND MOVED BACK TO NYC.

Unknown said...

Well, well, well...
Oh Kris, sorry to hear about your divorce... I'm sure there must be somethin' I can do to comfort you. :)
Call me tonight.

Anonymous said...

COCOA YOU KNOW YOU COULD ALWAYS SOOTH MY SAVAGE BEAST...I KNOW THAT AT FIRST SIGHT :) WE'LL TALK TONITE.