Friday, July 22, 2005

Morning Edition - 7/22/05

Let Me Violate You; You’ll Feel Safe
A couple of days ago, I reported that the city of DC was looking into randomly searching riders boarding their Metro System. Today, NYC beat DC to the punch and began the procedure of randomly searching riders – your bags and in some cases, your person. Other cities (even DC) have stepped back to see what the reaction and result of this project will be. Any intelligent person can see that random searches that are not profiling persons fitting descriptions provided by factual intelligence reports/sources are futile. It is ignorant to believe that forcing a 14-year old boy to open his bag on his way to camp will make anyone safer. Meanwhile, Grand Central Terminal (which I traverse each day on my way to the office) was packed with reporters snapping shots of working New Yorkers, scared stupid, allowing officers to violate them, rummage through their bags and send them on their way. Let’s not be ignorant. There is no way to protect an antiquated subway system that provides service to over four million riders daily. The truth is, give me back my rights, and develop a more realistic approach to security and stop setting up smoke screens to make Americans believe you are doing anything to protect them from a real threat. The New York City Civil Liberties Union has said these new procedures will bring about racial and religious profiling.

Eminem says I’m Not Retiring
Reports recently circulated that rapper Eminem (aka Marshall Mathers) would be making his current Anger Management Tour his last foray into live performances. As it turns out, Eminem is not retiring and vehemently denied all reports that Encore was his last album. He told an MTV reporter "I'm not retiring. When I say I'm taking a break, I'm taking a break from my music to go in the studio and produce my other artists and put their albums out. That's called taking a break for me. When I know my next move, I'll tell everyone my next move. Not some reporter who writes a story about 'This is Eminem's last album'. I never said (ENCORE) was my last album. I never said anything yet. I don't know what I'm doing yet. Nothing is definite; you know what I'm sayin'? Nothing is written in stone.” Uh, yeah… Rap aficionados are waiting with bated breath.

Idol Fans; WAIT FOR IT!
On November 22 a three DVD compilation will hit stores; The Best of American Idol Seasons 1-4, The Worst of American Idol Season 1-4 and a limited-edition DVD set combining the best and worst. Pete Kalhan, senior VP Home Entertainment and archive sales at Fremantle Media and Capital Entertainment have not determined exactly what segments will be included on the DVDs – there better be some Anwar is all I’m saying!

On Blast
Is it possible to love someone, but not be in-love with someone, and faithfully spend the rest of your life with them? Can a person live a happy existence while in this type of relationship? What are the pros and cons to such an arrangement? If applicable, give a scenario when/where you subjected yourself to such an arrangement?

Keep passin’ the open windows…

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Caspar, please read... the question is relating to "loving" without being "in-love"

ON JAY-Z:
Many bloggers have pointed out that the clip forwarded about Jay-Z is a dated (old) one. One blogger commented that: "This is old and he was playing with the girl..This is like 2 years
old..It's a clip from "Backstage", the movie which followed DefJam
artist while they were at a concert..Someone edited the clip to make him look like he was hitting her..In the movie everyone starts laughing but the person cut the clip before that happens.."

Lady Long Legs, do you wish to address this?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

What's with the cell number on a blog that is published on the World Wide Web? Have you lost your entire mind or are you trying to get some serious phone traffic?

To Melissa and Caspar (aka Cissy and Pookie) Cut the crap! It's more like Pat Benatar... Love is a Battlefield.

BTW... who sang that song, "You destroyed?"

Anonymous said...

Casper608
call a brother and any body else who wanna hollah at a Blaque-Man, Hollah back... okay I'm feeling a lill' hoodish, PEACE!
J'Moo

Anonymous said...

thanks CR,
Peace,
J'Moo

Anonymous said...

Love afterwards it's more like:

"I WILL SURVIVE"

At first I was afraid I was petrified
Kept thinkin' I could never live without you by my side;
But then I spent so many nights
Thinkin' how you did me wrong
And I grew strong
And so you're back from outer space
I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your
face
I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I'd've known for just one second you'd back to bother me
Go on now, go walk out the door
Just turn around now
('cause) you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
Did I crumble
Did you think I'd lay down and die?
Oh no, not.I. I will survive
Oh as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive;
I've got all my life to live,
I've got all my love to give and I'll survive,
I will survive. Hey hey.
It took all the strength I had not to fall apart
Kept trying' hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart,
And I spent oh so many nights
Just feeling sorry for myself. I used to cry
But now I hold my head up high
And you see me somebody new
I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you,
And so you feel like droppin' in
And just expect me to be free,
Now I'm savin' all my lovin' for someone who's lovin' me
Go on now.. etc.


Krissy

Anonymous said...

I think someone here is bitter at love. He more like sangin'...

I don ever wanna see you again
tell me why it had to be my best friend
that you were messing round wit
didn't want to notice it
I was with you until the end.....