Friday, February 17, 2006

Morning Edition - 2/17/06

Body Beautiful Update
Six weeks into our Body Beautiful campaign and we should all be enjoying a little more room in our clothes and some new-found curves. My last two weeks have been extremely successful with six day work-out weeks. Saying no to those tasty treats we were so accustomed to is hard, but it only helps speed the process of shedding those pounds. You’ll also notice that the more you say no, the easier it gets. This doesn’t mean that you don’t eat healthy meals, it just means you pass on those chips, dips, dressings and gravy-drenched-meals. A special thank-you to my work-out buddy Evelyn M. who has helped me push myself even harder. She is a determined go-getter with a shared goal to get it together and make no excuses. EM you look super. I haven’t kept a formal log of my weight loss to date, but I am down to 157 pounds. Sidebar: Please be sure to give us your progress on your road to Body Beautiful 2006.

The Right Hair for the Job
Jeanine A. forwarded a news story from a prominent higher-learning institution that prepares students for corporate positions. The school works with minorities – blacks specifically - and helps them acclimate to the white collar world. Pointers on everything from dress code to appropriate hair styles to help hoist you up the corporate ladder were given in the article. Remarkably, one of the heads of the institution mentions that tailored and manicured afros are appropriate, but locks, braids and cornrows are a sure-fire way to be passed-over for positions and promotions. The article also mentions different work environments where your hairstyle would be less of a factor, but overall corporate America wasn’t one of them.

Dancing in the Key of Life
This evening a confirmed list of over 30 friends will gather at La Maganette, 50th Street and 3rd Avenue, beginning at 5:30 p.m. For an $8 cover, we will partake of a tasty buffet and much needed drinks. Not really a drinker? Well, don’t sweat it – or better yet, sweat it on the dance floor. Salsa, R&B, Hip-Hop and a healthy dose of oldies to keep you on the dance floor until the last of your stress knots is gone.

On Blast
I ain’t doin’ that! Many folks will advise you to give-in to your partner’s sexual needs and desires to prevent your partner from seeking satisfaction elsewhere. This leads some people to perform some intimate acts that they are very uncomfortable with. Do you believe it is necessary to please your partner even if doing so is either painful, revolting or just not in the scope of acts you enjoy? Will this compromise prevent your partner from cheating to seek satisfaction? What would be your advice to someone facing this struggle?

Keep passin’ the open windows…

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why put yourself through uncessary agravation. If it's not something that you what to do don't do it.

Anonymous said...

As a female, I had a partner that loved anal sex and I absolutely hated it! However, almost everytime we had sex, that would come up. I would do it having him think I liked it as much as he did.

Why did I do it? Because I knew if I didn't, he would go else where and do it. Now that I am older and more mature, I would tell him instead of going into my azz...he could kiss it because I ain't doing nothing I don't want to do or am not comfortable with.

Thank goodness I am out of that relationship and in one where my partner hates anal sex as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

If the struggle you are facing in your relationship is whether you will perform a certain sexual act or not, I feel you need to roll and learn a lesson. The lesson, COMMUNICATE. I feel there are important conversations you should have with a “potential” before sharing yourself. Put it on the line what you will do and what you will not do once the discussion of consummating the relationship begins.

Unknown said...

Hector in response to what you asked me on the 15th. I stated that I probably would not be responding to things most of the question to avoid any unnecessary confrontation with everyone except mine new found friend. I have never been one to be fake but to show my support for the group I would do so by posting something positive. But if there is a problem I won't post it again. I will read to myself.

Unknown said...

Donya honey... let's breathe and return to that warm fuzzy place. You know I don't have any issues with anyone posting anything. I just want to hear your opinion on our On Blast questions...don't let others steal your voice.

Unknown said...

Like some of you have suggested, communicating your likes and dislikes will save you a lot of heartache as a relationship progresses. As I mature, I notice that I may like someone very much, but if we are not sexually compatible it just won’t work. As for being compatible, but having a partner that has some “freaky” fetishes you don’t get down with, I say if you’ve never tried it – try it. If you don’t like it, communicate that and see what happens. If a partner truly cares and is satisfied overall, they will forgo enjoying this fetish. A friend of mine had a novel idea of giving her partner a video tape that included many of the fetishes her partner enjoys to keep him occupied and satisfied. An unfaithful partner will cheat whether you do what they want or not. The truth is, cheating has less to do with going outside of the relationship to seek sexual satisfaction than it does with having a disloyal nature. So to sum it up – try it; determine if you can get down with it; communicate alternatives or work-arounds; drop them if they can’t compromise or see your point of view for their fetishes.

Unknown said...

I know that hector however, he has taking me back to ways that I don't want to be. And he constantly provokes people. I don't like him so to avoid confrontations I won't post. My temper is to short for some simple ass man that likes to knock people down and then speak like he has never said anything degrading. You know me Hector I don't have time for that. I am good with just reading. If there is something that I want to speak on I will and then ignore his comments.

Unknown said...

Donya,
We just really enoying hearing from our regulars and would feel a loss if you didn't participate...I know some folks can get under your skin and Lord know, I've been put out there a few times... all-in-all, we'll look forward to hearing from you :)
Enjoy the long weekend.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with you cocoa. I do feel that when you are dating someone, you should have these important sexual conversations with each other BEFORE y'all start having sex. Communicate your sexual selves and find commonality or alternatives. Compromise is great, but where sex is concerned, compatability is better. As Cocoa said , give it a shot but if it ain't you, it ain't for you.

Unknown said...

Caspar,

It's okay, really! Getting on my nerves is one thing but personal attacks on people or using segways to provoke (see 2/15) is totally different. I really don't have patients for cowards, punks or whateva you want to call them. I am real with mine and am afraid of no one on this earth. So instead of allowing him to take me to another level it be best that I not say a thing. But I am still here reading all of your wonderful advice and maybe even take some of them to use.

Unknown said...

Well, well, well… the dead has arisen. Just Me, stop being mean. Donya is mad cool and I think you enjoy pressing buttons for GP rather than having an actual bone of contention to pick with anyone. Stop being such a sadist pumpkin. Now that you (Just Me) bring it up I’d like to explore the notion of asking a man to undertake anal penetration before allowing him to penetrate you. Assuming you’re a straight man (and I might be reaching here) what happens if he begins to really enjoy it? Does a man’s obsession for penetrating a woman anally say anything about his “actual” preferences? Since male and female booty are exactly the same, is a heterosexual man’s overwhelming desire and preference to penetrate a female’s anus in any way mean that he would try penetrating a man? Ladies, let’s get some opinions here please! :) Straight men definitely chime in – you queers can hold down the cheering section! LOL

Kris! It’s good seeing you out there. I saw Duck at the gym two weeks ago. Please give him my home e-mail address… I told him we can do drinks or something. Also, I’m going to do DC in April (mid April to be exact) any chance we can turn the Mill upside down? LOL

Caspar, are you meeting us at La Mag tonight? I want you to finally join in on the fun!

Unknown said...

You know I think that everyone is really not understanding when I say that I don't want to respond. It is obvious that Just Me, RoughRiderTito and whateva other name that he goes by like's to come at people. I choose not to give him a reason. Now if that is being childish of me than oh well. This is not a disagreement but a true and well deserved dislike for a person. My choice is to not deal with him. Now please continue with your discussion thread and don't worry about me.

Unknown said...

That would be Catholisim. LOL

You're confusing me...can you expand/define like we're five-year olds... what the f*ck do you mean by "I would define GAY has the emotional stimulus that one receives from a person of the same sex, so with that said….One booty will be just as good as another."

Anonymous said...

Hey cocoa....I just got a new laptop and I had to make some adjustments but I'm cool now. Let me know when in April and I'm there. The Mill will not be the same when we're done. My b/day is 4/4.

Donya, I'm saddened that you have to be subjected to the rantings of people like "what's his name" whose intellect seems to be constantly on a pedestrian level. Your contributions have been meaningful to us on this blog. Please don't certify anyone psychosocial dysfunction by reacting to it. we love hearing what you have to say. have a great weekend y'all.

Unknown said...

Okay Tam, I can't resist... If the boyz aren't sure or need to experiment to see if it REALLY, REALLY, REALLY matters, you know I'm willing to make the sacrifice to have them find out. ...wink, wink... okay, don't kick my azz... I just figured you're face after reading this would be priceless.

Just Me... you're a freak - love it! Love a freak. For the record, I have come across "alleged" straight men who don't mind the source of the booty as long as it was booty. We can discuss this at length after the holiday....although, I definitely am curious to what the straight population thinks.