Friday, March 02, 2007

Morning Edition - 3/2/07

I Appreciate You
Today, as I was rushing to do my procrastinator-pack to embark on my ski trip this afternoon, J-Lo’s Get Right came on the radio and a smile unconsciously took over my face. There’s always a song we associate with a period of time and sometimes, a person. Fluff aka Philip and I were at the height of our heavy hanging out and getting reacquainted when this song was at its most popular. Just wanted to take a moment in the midst of the craziness to say, “I appreciate you boi! Thanks for getting me. It means the world to me.” That’s all…carry on folks!

On Blast
What song have you heard in the last 24 hours that brought a smile across your face and made you think of someone special? Give us the context.

Keep passin’ the open windows…

4 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

I haven't heard one in the past 24 hours...but, everytime "A Song for You" comes on by Donny Hathaway AND "I Wish" by Carl Thomas...yea, you know what happens. I take that mental break and allow my mind to wander...

j_shanlin said...

"Smokin' Cigarettes" by Tweet and "This Christmas" by Donny Hathaway!! Teehee!!

Unknown said...

Last night I heard Me, Myself and I by De La Soul. It brought back very fond memories of my high school days in Va. Beach and the Atlantic Beach Club...Oh by the way my mommy's birthday is today! Happy Birthday Mommy!!!

That Dude Right There said...

"Harry Hippie" by Bobbie Womack. It's a blues song from the 70s that my Mom use to play. I love that old depressing ass song.