Friday, June 08, 2007

Morning Edition - 6/8/07

One Hundred and What?!
This year my promise to myself was to enjoy me and enjoy all the good that is in my life. Part of that promise surrounded my life-long issue with my weight. Yesterday, during a routine doctor’s visit, my weigh-in revealed that I was at 158 lbs. Normally, I would freak-out since I felt that I’d worked pretty hard at keeping my weight in check. Rather than coming down from the 155 lbs. I mentioned more than a month ago, I actually gained three more pounds. Here’s the kicker; I’m so happy with my body right now. I love my build, my new-found tone and most of all my reduced waist size. Where I’m actually packing those pounds is a mystery to me, but I can say that my neck, face, arms and stomach don’t show the added mass. So today I’m celebrating the fact that I’m heavier in weight and lighter in spirit. It’s going to be a super summer.

BC for BD
As the passed few months have shown, the year is flying by. It will be a couple of turns before I realize I’m smack in the midst of my birthday weekend. This year, my plan is to, again, hit Puerto Rico and enjoy the beach and club for my birthday weekend with friends. Presently my call for five (5) friends has been answered and I already have four (4) confirmed friends attending. Hey, if J’Moo signs on, I’ll have my complete birthday celebration entourage. Gone are the days when I wait for folks to make my birthday enjoyable. For the last few years, I’ve taken the bull by the horns and created the birthday weekend I want for myself. An advance thank-you to Philippe, Colleen, Evelyn, Mercy and hopefully J’Moo, for making this year’s celebration a special one. I’m sure we’re going to have a ball! We’re departing Friday, August 3 and returning Monday, August 6.

On Blast
I accept responsibility for my life and my choices. I realize that not all of my choices are pleasing to everyone, but I must make choices that agree with my mind and spirit.
What recent choice have you made that felt right to you, but was met with the disapproval or resentment of those in your inner circle?

Keep passin’ the open windows…

8 comments:

That Dude Right There said...

You have the same idea for your birthday that I have. For the last 3 years, I have gone on a trip to another city. Why wait for others do some something for you when it YOUR birthday???????????

Anonymous said...

I learned for me its not about "wieght" it's about waist size! As long as the waist is good, I'm good!

Anonymous said...

you forgot what today is : (

Anonymous said...

Hey My Love...Can't wait till your BD. Get ready to party!!!

Love Ya.
EVE

Darius T. Williams said...

To answer your question...I put people on a "level" system. Not intentionally, it just sorta fell that way. Some people who thought they were um, closer to me...weren't really.

Anonymous said...

You're still hot. No matter how many pounds you put on.

Unknown said...

Awww...QKC...that is so sweet...I'm actually taking the summer on this year... means a lot to have the youngins think so... LOL

ponoono said...

muscle weighs more than fat

if u build muscle while u lose fat.. you will wind up gaining for a period