Thursday, June 23, 2005

Morning Edition - 6/23/05

Mr. Telephone Man There’s Something Wrong With YOUR Line
Longtime ABA telephone technician and nemesis to yours truly, Scottie D., was terminated from his cushy position at the banking association giant last week. One insider said Scottie D. was terminated after years of abuse of company time. Another inside source said the termination occurred via telephone making it all the more shocking. Recently Scottie struggled with the illness of his dad and a curious condition that affected the size, shape and color of his nose – don’t ask! Sidebar: Sometimes we’re shoved into pursuing something new, different and life altering. All jokes aside, good luck SD.

Religion & Politics; Who Agrees?
Religion and politics are always subjects that stir different emotions in folks and will lead to discussions that are heated and sometimes endless – since there is no clear right or wrong in a religious or political discussion. That said, these discussions do help bring about viewpoints we don’t normally hear during our own worship services. Recently Catholicism was under the microscope and the issue of sexual abuse and priests was discussed. In addition, the debate as to the Catholic Church’s vilification of condom use was brought to light. All these issues stir different emotions in each of us, but I wanted to send a special thank you to Kris, DrkMn and a certain Anonymous for your insightful and candid views. Your thoughts help to make the blog a more interesting spot.

Please post your afternoon On Blast questions in the Comments area for this Morning Edition.

Keep passin’ the open windows…

12 comments:

FREAKING RICAN said...

Coco Loco,

I still want to hear your comment on my question of yesterday. Let's hear what you gotta say. My next question is why does our society view a man having many sex partners as "He's the Man" and when a woman has two of three men she dating or doing or whatever and she is consider "A HOE"?

caspar608 said...

FR,
Who gives a hoot what anyone thinks of anyone else really? Anyone who would refer to a woman that is dating several men as a certain gardening tool is either sexually inept, a hater or basically insecure. People should just feel free to be themselves and do what they feel is good for them (but certainly do it safely in the process). I personally would not surround myself with anyone who would put me down simply because I am dating more than one man. I encourage all my unmarried female friends to play the field, so to speak. After all, variety is the spice of life. Stay away from the haters. They'll drain you.
Smooches.
Cas

Cocoa Rican said...

Dear Hookahs...
I will address this in the On Blast... LOL :)

caspar608 said...

who u callin a hookah, hookah!

Anonymous said...

Toy,

No u didn't?!!!! LOL! Unexplainable nose issues? U need to stop!

caspar608 said...

was this person a brown noser, is that what you mean? Brown noseritis has reached epidemic levels.....

Cocoa Rican said...

NO, SD suffered from Nostricalus Ridiculatis. A condition where you nose explodes and turns a bluish, red color. ...but seriously, I don't know what the condition was, hence the "curious" condition referene.

Jeanine said...

Cocoa you are TOOO much. I had no idea about SD and I work at ABA. Always the last to know I guess! I was told that SD fell while doing some work for his aunt and injured the nose.

Go figure they fire him but at least he knew how to do his job. Meanwhile, a little white woman with no advanced degree and no idea about the department of which she is the director stays here and doesn't get fired? understood his job but this my old director is still here. Where's the damn justice man!

Cocoa Rican said...

It's like that I guess...

No one falls (on their nose) and stays injured (or worsens) as time goes on. Come on now... WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON?!? Anyway, it's not important, just "ughy" to look at. :)

caspar608 said...

I have one for blast....why are we keeping the UN in New York City when Kofi Annan is a corrupt pig who hates americans and UN diplmats owe the city well over $200 million in unpaid parking tickets. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOmebody tell me why??????????????????

Winnie said...

What in the hell!!! Where have I been? I had no idea that SD was hemmed up in the facial area. Well, I left ABA 5 years ago and I see that nothing has changed except for the faces.

Cocoa Rican said...

Well Winnie... that's literally this time! ...but seriously, we didn't get along, but I still don't like seeing folks get the boot when they have other responsibilities and stresses pending. He does have my best wishes... and everything else I left behind :)