Friday, June 24, 2005

Morning Edition - 6/24/05

Oprah’s New Project A Huge Hop, I Mean Hit
Oprah Winfrey is set to narrate a story about a young man who rides a bicycle 360 miles across Ghana; this with ONE leg, in Emmanuel’s Gift. The film is intended to stomp out negative views of the disabled. The U.S. theatrical release is set for September.

Praise God and “Cut!”
The Rev. Bill Graham will celebrate his FINAL crusade today at Flushing Meadows Corona Park in New York. The scene is one where Graham celebrated his first televised appearance in 1957. Graham, now 86, plans to retire from his role as televangelist.

NYC Gay Pride 2005 This Weekend
Unlike cities like DC and Atlanta that hold two very distinctively separate Gay Pride festivities for the Black and White gay communities, NYC has always enjoyed one Pride Fest. The Black Pride organizers have tried to make some weekend in August their NYC date, but it has NEVER caught on. This weekend close to one million gay, lesbian, transgender folks and their supporters will take to the streets of downtown NYC to celebrate the event. In addition to a parade that runs from 57th Street and Fifth Avenue to Christopher Street in the West Village, PrideFest is a street fair touted as having something for everyone. The parade is set to begin at 11 a.m. Yours truly has taken Monday off to really “enjoy” the event.

Today we’re putting Freaking Rican On Blast with: Why does our society view a man having many sex partners as "He's the Man" and when a woman has two of three men she dating or doing or whatever and she is consider "A HOE"? Please feel free to respond to her question on this Morning Edition Comments and we will officially put FR On Blast in our Afternoon Edition.

Day 5; No patch; Going strong.

Keep passin’ the open windows…

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M A GAY MAN WHO WILL CONFESS TO KNOWING A LITTLE BIT ABOUT "MEN", AND IN MY OPINION, IF A MAN IS OUT THERE 'DOING' THAT MUCH, THEN HE'S A "HOE" TOO. SOCIETY IS MALE DOMINATED AND THAT "GOOD BOY" AND "BAD GIRL" DOUBLE STANDARD IS AS OLD AS PROSTITUTION. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IT IS STILL REITERATED EVERYDAY MY MOTHERS TO THERE SONS. BUT F/R , A HOE IS A HOE IS A HOE.

Unknown said...

Hold up now... just cuz Ize got me a little "sperience" don't make me no hookah... :)
Girl, get real, Mr. Cruz is Mr. Cruz even if he's a drunk hookah every night, while a woman will never have any self respect if/when caught in the same predicament. As you like to say FR, IT IS WHAT IT IS. The double standard has existed and will exist as long as women are women. Curiously though, it appears to be a case of passiveness... that is, women, who are normally the passive sexual partners are considered "whores" while gay passive men are also labeled the same. Maybe we need to explore whether the issue has anything to do with being passive and promiscuous.

Anonymous said...

I think, and it’s just my own opinion, being the man and she the hoe is a state of mind people choose to use. It just like; having someone do you and being done, if two people are, (excuse me) FUCKING, then they both are in the mix. It has a lot to do with self-esteem. You can’t lay it on someone unless they are giving you somewhere to lay it. So ladies and gents, the next time someone thinks that they are handling their business or laying the pipe!…remember business could not be ran unless you open the store and plumbing doesn’t work without a faucet. Don’t stop handing out those business cards and polish up your pedestal sink…
PS
Day 5; No patch; Going strong. Congratulation Tunney-Honey.
Stand tall, Stand strong…
J’Moo

Anonymous said...

COCOA IS RIGHT ..SOME WOMEN STILL GET STONED TO DEATH FOR HAVING THE SAME APPETITE AS MEN.THAT SENTIMENT EXISTED SINCE BEFORE JESUS WAS A BABY. WOMEN SEEM TO BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD ESPECIALLY BY MEMBERS OF THEIR OWN GENDER....GO FIGURE

SIDEBAR: COCOA THERE IS NO GETTING AROUND IT, U'Z JUST A 'SPERIENCED DRUNK HOOKAH BY ANY STANDARD........LOL..

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's that big of a deal anymore. I mean I'm 25 and to me it seems as if we are in a mini-sexual revolution. I don't think too many people are worried about who's sleeping with who and how many partners such and such has. I think everyone has gone wild. I mean shoot I know quite a few married couples who hit the swingers scene on a regular, I know people that use the internet religiously (not a good choice of words but...) to find just the right person or persons to fulfill their orgasmic desires. I mean sex has lost its 'innocence' if you know what I mean. Everyone is acting out their innermost sexual desires and their not even hiding it. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Toy

Anonymous said...

I AGREE WITH ANONYMOUS...THAT "BAD GIRL" SENTIMENT DOESN'T EXIXT AS MUCH AND IS NOT AS MUCH OF A BIG DEAL TO DAY AS IN THE PAST, BUT THE ATTITUDE IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL.

Unknown said...

I hold out each time I go between partners... I hold out each time I sleep around... I hold out...wait a minute... I'm confused... Let me go on and have my weekend... :)

Anonymous said...

MY DEAR FREAKIN RICAN YOU ARE YOUNG AND I'M SURE LOVELY TOO. THIS SHOULD BE ABOUT YOUR BODY AND YOUR NEEDS TOO. I SAY, IF YOU WANT TO SHARE THAT HONEYDEW(I LOVE THE TERM) AND YOU FIND THE MAN WITH THE RIGHT UNENTILS THEN SERVE IT. SOME TIMES THOSE OLD VALUES ONLY HELP TO SUPPRESS OUR NATURAL SELVES. I'M NOT SAYING TO START A LINE AROUND THE CORNER AND "GIVE IT AWAY". YOUR GIFTS ARE STILL PRECIOUS, BUT TAP INTO "YOUR" SEXUAL ENERGY NOT BECAUSE YOU WANT TO ROCK HIS WORLD, BUT BECAUSE YOU NEED TO ROCK YOURS TOO. GO FOR THAT TRIPLE SWEETIE...LOL.....AND DON'T HURT NOBODY.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ FREAKIN RICAN....I THINK OF MY SISTER WHEN YOU SAID THAT SHE IS 45...DIVORCED... AND OLD FASHIONED TOO. I SAY TO HER TOO...GO AT YOUR OUWN SPEED, BUT IF THE BROTHA SAYS THE RIGHT THING, GO FOR WHAT YOU FEEL. IT IS WHAT IT IS. LUTHER VANDROSS SAID " SOMETIMES LOVE IS WONDERFUL, BUT SOMETIMES LOVE IS ONLY LOVE. SERVE THAT HONEY DEW IF YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE AND IF "YOU" DECIDE. YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITYA...LOL...HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.